Learn about computing with
- What exactly is computer
memory? Is it the disk? Is it RAM or ROM?
- Whatís the difference between
a hard disk and a hard drive?
- I want to try creating some
artwork on my computer, but when I went to buy an art program, the clerk
asked me if I wanted a "paint" program
or a "draw" program. Whatís the difference?
- The computers where I work
were recently upgraded to Windows, but I have trouble using a mouse. Is
there anything else I can use to move the cursor
on the screen?
- What kind of computer is a PowerPC? Is it like an IBM PC?
- I want to learn more about my computer, and I read in a computer magazine that user groups are a good source of information. What exactly is a
- In your last column you mentioned a kind of software that you can "try before you buy." Is it any good, and if so, where can I get it?
- What is a font?
Is it the same as a typeface?
- I just bought a computer system, but the number of computer
accessories in the store was overwhelming. Which ones should I get?
- How do I get photographs
into my computer to send over the Internet?
- I recently got onto the Internet through a local service provider, and they installed the World Wide Web browsing software on my computer. But sometimes when Iím online and it says to click and hear a sound, I get
a message saying I need a plug-in. What does that mean? Canít the software they gave me play Internet sounds?
- I've recently seen ads for PC banking. Have you tried it? Is it worth getting?
- What do the following
K.O.P.C.Online home > table of contents
All contents ©1996-2017 Paul Dennis Kopco.